Sunday, February 6, 2011

sunday 160, re-ride and rewrite relationships


Buccal bugged, butt bumped, bone droned, toe tingled, face braced, eye dried, lung fumed, ear jeered, ankle jangled, skin numbing, heart starting, nerve-verve.



















This is a poem in exactly 160 characters, spaces included.  If you want to read more or try the challenge, post on Sunday and let Monkey Man, our host for this event, know  HERE .   

After 24.5 years of marraige, baggage too heavy to carry, and children almost flown the coop, I decided to review and renew my spousal relationship.  My spouse builds motorized bicycles for the past 5 years but I never took on the 30 mph ride.  (I prefer the silent, clean but sweaty type.)  ....I'm finding out I didn't know what I was missing............in more ways than one, WOW.

6 comments:

  1. ha. renewing relationships...nice. motorized bikes? very nice. smiles. sounds like fun actually...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a ride through assonance and alliteration. *tink* to another 24.5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could feel both rides - the marriage ride and the bicycle ride - perfectly through your words, Dianne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to the Sunday 160. I love this one. so playful. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete