Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Meander

I was told that the river Meander in Greece turns and doubles it's path in a convoluted s-shape and was considered a symbol of life's path turning and twisting and circling again, (nothing like the straight line of western society's path of choice. James Cameron (Avatar/Titanic director) quoted native tribal leaders by saying, "tread carefully upon your path, for the faces of your grandchildren gaze up at you" -...or something like that......-
-
I was only meandering until I turned the corner and I found you


In a dreamlike godlike ownership of my life
Following a path
Purposefully Meandering
With you.


Explosions of birth , the highest high
All hopes and dreams and
Power of creativity
Surging
Frightening
Empowering
Bone chilling
We meander
In a dreamlike godlike ownership of life.


How like falling in love is giving birth.
Never so in love
As with this little one,
United
Bonded
Needed
Owned
We meander
In a dreamlike godlike ownership of lives.


Growing and flowing and blown by the winds,
Where does the love go?
A creative but destructive force:
The fire
The pyre
The pit
The abyss


We meander

In a dreamlike godlike ownership of death.
I was only meandering until
I turned the corner and found you
In a dreamlike godlike ownership of my life
Following a path
Purposefully
Meandering
With you
-
-
Dedicated to my husband, 50 today, and to those bloggers who meander onto my words....

4 comments:

  1. As the river twists and turns and folds in on itself the shoreline does the same therefor it is never alone in its path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like to meander some times....

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many twists and turns but you still followed them all......That's simply COMMITMENT. I love this piece....

    You need to see this:
    http://ediomoudofia.blogspot.com/2010/04/gratitude-amidst-agony.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the recurrent dreamlike godlike ownership. Happy birthday to your dear one. This poem is a beautiful tribute to what you have shared with him.

    ReplyDelete