Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Conscious of you


-
The day rolls out,
Empty but full,
Of unmeasured tasks,
Which never are through.

Every ring of the phone
An old sorrow-filled voice
Another full story,
An offer of grace.

Awakens a consciousness:
Conscious of needing you,
Needing you whole,
And needing you strong.

So I love all in all.
And I’m present at best.
Until I’m alone,
Without all the rest.

With my own consciousness:
Conscious of needing you,
Needing you whole,
And needing you strong.

The unbidden the sorrow,
The bodily pain,
What life had become,
And couldn’t sustain.

What I come back to
Is where you came from,
And how much you loved us,
Each and every one.

Home to my consciousness
Conscious of being you
My making you whole
And feeling strong.
-
-
for my mother, who died 4-11-2008, and for my brother and his wife during this week's vigil with her mother Mabel....who is close.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tribute. I know your mom would love it
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. your poem is filled with such sweet remembrance..honest and heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The loss is palpable in this tender sentiment. I liked it and saw very many images of my own making while reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I’m present at best.
    Until I’m alone,
    Without all the rest. -that one verse says so much. you have captured poignantly the necessity and deepeness of the bond you had with your mother and that so many feel with others. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/the-celebrate-blogger-of-march-in-short-story-writing-award-and-more-announcement-for-nomination/

    hope that you join us for the nomination,
    the deadline is Sunday this week.
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete